Piedmont Community Charter School serves 1,900 students spanning kindergarten through twelfth grade.
- Piedmont has a North Carolina report card grade of B.
- PCCS is proud to be an official Core Knowledge School K-8.
- PCCS is accredited by the state of North Carolina and by Cognia.
- Piedmont’s overall grade level proficiency is higher than Gaston County Schools’ (GCS) overall grade level proficiency.
- Piedmont’s overall grade level proficiency is higher than the state.
- In 2014, AdvancED, now known as Cognia, approved a five-year accreditation.
- In 2015 the State Board of Education approved PCCS for a 10 year charter renewal.
- In 2019, AdvancED, now known as Cognia, approved a five-year accreditation.
- For the 6th consecutive year, Piedmont has won Best Charter School in The Gaston Gazette‘s Best of the Best community awards.
- From 2019 – 2022, Piedmont directors Holly White (elementary) and Sheila Richards (middle school) have been awarded Best Principal.
- In 2022, Jennifer Killen, Piedmont’s Head of School, won Best of the Best‘s Person of the Year
- Piedmont earned a 2022 National Best High Schools ranking from U.S. News and World Report.