Class expectations, policies and procedures
Me llamo Señora Blalock. Soy de la República Dominicana.
Topics we will cover in Español II:
- Syllabication and el alfabeto
- Indigenous cultures of Latin America
- Review: ser, estar and tener
- Ir + a + infinitive
- Present progressive
- Present tense regular verbs
- Interrogative words
- Expressions of frequency
- Saber vs conocer
- Rooms of the house
- Acabar + de + infinitive
- Prepositions of location
- Reflexive verbs
- Body parts
- Preterite regular and -car, -gar, -zar verbs
WE WILL LISTEN, SPEAK, READ AND WRITE IN SPANISH.
CLASS RULES AND PROCEDURES
We will follow all school policies and procedures as noted in the PCCS parent/
- When you enter the classroom, please place your phone in the wall pockets.
- No book bags in the classroom.
- Place your belongings on the white tables at the entrance.
- Students must be on time to class. See Tardy consequences posted on the wall as you enter the classroom and in the handbook.
- Make-up work: Arrangements for make-up work are the responsibility of the student.
- Dress code- See handbook policy and it is also posted on the wall at the entrance.
- When leaving the classroom to go to the office, bathroom, or other places you must use a hall pass. The hall passes are hanging on the wall by the door.
- You must ask permission to leave the classroom.
- Be kind, be honest, come prepared to work, complete your work, and do your best.
F Below 60
Test 30% – 2 tests minimum per 9-weeks period
Quiz 20% – 4 quizzes minimum per 9-weeks period
Homework 50% – 6 homework assignments per 9-weeks period
Suggested supplies for this class:
Three-ring notebook for notes and class handouts
Pencil and eraser
I am looking forward to a wonderful school year!